There are some things I do every Summer that aren’t really celebratory, but they feel like Summer nonetheless. Without further ado, my habits:
27. New sunscreen and apres sun lotion. Did you know that SPF loses its strength after a while? I didn’t, but I believe the ads and don’t want to find out the hard way. Very important when the SPF you need to stay out all day is 45!
28. New tanning lotion. No, not the baby oil used to fry your skin a gorgeous brown, but the “cheater” stuff. Again, essential for us pale folk. I like the new gel from Avon — no funny smell and a nice color.
29. New sandals. Flips flops are getting prettier and prettier, and some are more than nice enough to wear to dressy events. My new ones are red with nice silvery ornaments.
30. New purse: well, not really new, since I used this one last year as well, but since it’s only good for this season, it still feels new. Its’ also somewhat smaller than the purse I was using this Winter, so I’m traveling a little lighter now. That’s summery, too!
31. Cleaning in the basement: even with A/C, it just feels too hot to clean anywhere but underground. And you never know what you’ll find. See #32!
32. Summer art work: while unpacking a box of “what on earth is in here?,” I found a tiny cross-stitched design of summer houses and sailboats that I’d done for my husband a while back. It’s on a little easel on a dresser now, channeling Nantucket. Care to join me there?